Brand New & Heavy

Brand New & Heavy
I Don't Understand.....Love....



Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sad Conversation Today...

Alright, as you might have read in the post before I got good news in the fact that my security clearance came back today. But I did get somewhat bad news today as well. Today my brother Keelan called me today and asked me if I had time to talk. No matter what I am doing, I always have time to talk to my brother. He was at the train station going to work and he said there was someone who wanted to talk to me...I said, "Cool." The next voice I heard was such a rugged, depressed voice. As it turned out, it was one of my close childhood friends. I won't say his name but I could imediately tell that something wasn't right with him. So I started to asking him how he was and how life was treating him and he said, "Man, I'm high than a b@tch." I'm like cool. But I wanted to know what he was doing with his life. You know, career, school maybe family. I mean he is only 26 so I didn't expect his life to be laid out like wet money, but I just wanted to know where he was headed. It was good to have contact with a friend like that. Well I asked him again this time making sure to emphasize that I wanted to know what he was doing with himself. He then answered, "Man, I told you, I'm high than a b@tch.", and handed the phone back to my brother. Now I have no quarrels with him chosing to smoke weed. Let's just say I know somebody who liked to do it on a regular basis for a while. But to see another young fella seemingly wasting his life away doing nothing hurts. I disagree with a lot of types of lifestyles, but who am I to judge. But like I said, it hurts to see folks just wasting their lives. Especially someone I was once so close with. I guess this was more venting than anything. The day was bittersweet, unfortnately we have to grieve (for the moment), another young brotha not chosing to live up to his potential. I say for the moment because I am a firm believer that people can change. I did...Keep in him your prayers. Bless...

No comments:


Well Lookie Here...Dallas Baby!!!

Well Lookie Here...Dallas Baby!!!
Home Sweet Home....